We have all been heart broken atleast once in life. Hey, if your heart was never tossed around, played with or just well simply ignored, then I guess you belong to the rare lucky breed of women and men on this planet. Take a bow ! And all of you who have faced the bad guys and girls out there, have put up a brave face and survived, hats off to you !
So, what really should people do, when you know you decide to separate your respective ways to lead a more comfortable, easy and uncomplicated life? How do you manage your days or how do you reschedule everything you used to do with him or her till date and decide to do it all alone? The big question is are there any rules you abide by? Have you followed a particular kind of a lifestyle after you broke up in order not to feel terrible about your sudden singularity? Or putting it up more clearly what have you done to not miss him? Are there any standard techniques you must follow?
Honestly, I don’t know. But, even in my case, I have done or followed things I would have never done while with him.
1. I started thinking about him as a very bad guy. True, he was not honest and stuff, but still he had some nice qualities I couldn’t ignore. But then, I decided to ignore every sweet thing he ever said to me. I thought so many negative things related to him, that now I sometimes get confused if what I think is right or if I am just making it up.
2. I directed my attention to other available single guys. But, this actually doesn’t always work. When you have already dated someone for quite a long time, then there is an invisible standard set in your mind. And if the guy you are now sitting with doesn’t even match a single standard, read it as a warning and run! (In the opposite direction of course).
3. People say talking about it makes you feel good. Not true. Talking about it makes you feel like shit. Above all, talking about your break up with your friends who are happily committed makes you feel like the most undesired, ugly and unpalatable.
4. Cry. Cry about it while sleeping, while studying, while bathing while doing anything and everything. Cry even if his name is mentioned in front of you. Cry if you see a couple happily engaged, cry if you see someone proposing, cry cry and cry. I guess it does help to an extent.
5. Abuse him. Call him and let him know of your vast knowledge of newly learnt abuses. Try it on him. This might however lead to a very very bad end. You might even feel guilty afterwards. But, it is good if you are really angry and you want to take it out on him. This surely helps, but momentarily.
6. Take revenge. Find out his weak points and make a plan to throw it back in his face. This also might end in a very bad manner, because what if he also turns revengeful. Doesn’t seem to be a very good idea. But, if you think you can wait, then always remember revenge is a dish best served cold.
7. Forget about everything and move on. Act like it doesn’t matter and get on with your life. This is hard. Actually very hard. I guess this doesn’t qualify to be on the list.
8. Forgive. This is even harder. I wouldn’t recommend you to try it. Although if you can, then do it. It will relieve you. But, personally I believe planning revenge is more satisfying.
9. Change. Change your contact number, your address, change everything. Run like a ninja if you see him or crash into him accidentally.
10. Be friends with him. This is not at all to be tried. It is because if he dates somebody else in front of you, you will burn like a phoenix inside and you can’t help but smile. The only alternative is to find a date before he does and show off. Well, isn’t that too much pain for a guy/girl with whom you don’t want to be with anymore.
So, what did you do to get over him? Is there anything in particular that you followed? List it. Or on a totally different note, do you even believe that any such rules exist or should exist or you are totally against them? We might be helping a depressed soul out there !!
P.S.- (i) Wherever, he/his/him has been used, it is understood to include she/her.
(ii) Some guys have a rule that they never abuse women. So, they don’t need to go through point 5. Though, I fail to understand that while abusing they do it in the name of women (Teri maa ki and all).
(iii) I know it is Diwali time and I shouldn’t be posting such depressing stuff, but I have got nothing better to do. So bear with me please.