Are you? Seriously? I still have issues with digesting this news. Although, it has been around 6 months. But, I still can’t believe that you are getting married.
Isn’t this even something more than OH MY GOD !! 😮
This news needs a jaw-dropping, china breaking and high pitched screaming on my part and some what the fuck are you doing, this is not that big a news and calm down you will scare everybody around look from you. When did you grow up to get married and take care of somebody else’s life and family? Personally, I never thought either of us is capable of doing that. Truthfully, this is just a lame reason. The underlining point is that I don’t want you to get married.
How can you leave me alone? I am just 23. Who am I going to talk to when I have to vent out all the frustration over anything and everything? Who am I going to tell that I like this and that guy? Who am I going to call crying, that I want to come back home to you? With whom am I going to remember the days at school when we used to share our tiffin boxes and tell each other what we want for lunch the next day? I have learned to share and not give a damn from you. I love the way you have handled situations which we were not expected to at our age. You are a strong headed, multi- talented female. You have done what ever you have always wanted to and still you have always been around friends and family. I remember baking the pineapple cake in your kitchen and how beautifully terrible it turned out to be. But, how lovingly we finished it in one go even when it was still hot 🙂 I remember you falling off from your bike in the middle of the market and hurting a poor guy. I remember both of us practicing for that dance performance in school. I remember you arranging for our outfits. I remember travelling in train with you. I remember your nani’s place. I remember that you used to eat gooseberry while classes were going on in school and you always had one in the pocket of our school uniform. I remember you copying from my history paper, attempting geography first so that I can finish writing history answers for you. I remember you telling me that you hate studying and asking me if it is that important? I remember telling you that doing what you love is important, education is just ancillary. I remember admiring you for your paintings. I remember you always looking pretty and chic. I remember you taking care of your father’s business and going out to strange cities all alone in order to select pieces and get materials. You make me so proud.
The guy you are getting married to, I hear he is good 😛 He better be. I would come after his life otherwise. I know you will be a lovely and smart wife to your husband and an amazing daughter-in-law, but in fulfilling all your roles, I want you to remember certain things. Things which do not look at first to be very important, but if you have a friend like me who still somewhere wishes that your marriage is postponed for another year or two (yes I want that, and I feel no shame in admitting the same) you must read the following golden words very carefully.
– After you get married, most of the things in your life changes including people. I know you cannot help it. And you shouldn’t be worried about it either. But I want you to remember, that you are allowed to not inform me about a moment of happiness, but never ever forget to tell me something which is worrying you. And you know you can come and talk to me about everything, I don’t have to mention this.
– Please lead a romantic and passionate married life. I am sure you know the meaning of both the words 😉 Have a great sex life 😀 I know you will kill me for saying this out loud.
– Ditch your dear husband once in a while and come and live with me. Where ever I would be. I have no clue as of now. I have exclusive holiday plans for both of us, but before I could execute them, you decided to get married. And since I cannot change or cancel my plans, I am hoping that you will oblige me 🙂
– Visit places with the love of your life that you couldn’t visit before. I know you have Andaman on the top of your list. Also, go to places you wouldn’t think of frequenting and do things you wouldn’t dare to normally. Yes, I mean those strip clubs, burlesque performances and getting drunk like anything and thrown out of the bar.
– Do not worry about the future. Be happy with your present life. Also, do not worry about uncle and aunty, I will always be there. You can count on me 🙂
– Also, love your new family and husband but do not lose yourself and your identity for the sake of some century old tradition. Promise me you will still paint, dance and you will still be yourself even when it is not liked or appreciated. The fear of adjusting in a new home and family should not be dealt with in the form of compromising. Adjustment is always a two way process. It has to be mutual. And, it can never be just expected out of the one who is new.
– As it is marriage generally happens only once in our society ;), I would suggest you to make the most out of it. Shop for whatever you want, wear what you want. You have a right to change your decided outfit at the last moment. You have every right to throw tantrums and act crazy. If you want to wear red, then go for it, I know you will look beautiful. And red is the color of the bride. Let people say what ever they want to.
I have always imagined you and gappa getting married (not to each other of course). Why then when it is happening, I am not really liking it? You and I go a long way back, it is like around 18 years or something, you are an inseparable part of my life. I hope the bond we share, the love we have garnered and the patience we have for each other does not diminish with time. We have entered the age, where we are supposed to be responsible. I hope this being responsible does not take away from us the fantastic part of our relationship. I hope when ever you fear something, or have doubts you will count upon me like you have always.
I also wish and pray that you have a wonderful married life. I hope you and your sweetheart make pretty babies (baby girl please !! ) and I am sure you have a blissful and incredible life ahead of you. Not that you were any less awesome with me, but then I have a big heart and you as spontaneous you are, I don’t have much choice but to let your fiance marry you 🙂
P.S.- The female who is going to walk down the aisle, is Pink 🙂