Princessbutter conferrred this award on my blog. Though I am guilty of infrequent posts, I still try and put a post here and there in a month or so. However, putting aside the regret, let me concentrate on what the Liebster Award has in store for me. It basically requires some rules to be followed, which are :
A. Thank the blogger who gives it to you.
B. Answer the eleven questions he/she asks.
C. Nominate eleven bloggers with less than 500 followers. [I will follow Princessbutter for this rule]
D. Ask these eleven bloggers eleven questions.
E. Let these bloggers know that I have nominated them.
So here it goes, step by step, rule by rule:
I am amazed that she remembers my blog and listed it in the 11 blogs for this award. I am a fan of her writing skills and mostly her choices and thoughts which she without any fear puts up daringly on her blog, be it anything. In some ways, I wish I can be like her. I am very excited and grateful that she considered my blog worthy enough for this award (or any award for that matter). Thank you so much. I will try and put up as witty and as funny a post as is possible for my awkward sense of humor to frame 😛
The 11 questions which are required to be answered are here:
1. What is the significance behind your blog name/title and the name you have chosen(if) for yourself.
This is my first blog which was created out of sheer boredom during an internship. I wanted a very different name and I came up with a rather ridiculous name. After sometime, I decided I should change my earlier blog name and put something nice and simple for people to remember. So, I came up with the name Sanity Vows. It is partly inspired by the experiences I had when I met a few insensible and immature people and their mean decisions which hurt other people. That is when I decided I will always in all my consciousness use my conscience while interacting with other beings on earth and thus the vow to remain sane 😀
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
My sister. The sole and only reason. She is a reason behind a lot of things I learnt in my life and inculcated as habits. I started reading books regularly, elocution, writing blog, dancing et al. I owe it all to her 😀
3. In your list of pictures, how many are selfies? 😀
Very few. The truth is I can’t take a seflie 😦 (embarrassed). Trust me, I tried and tried, but my face looks bloated and my already bloated nose looks like it is going to burst in a selfie. I don’t have a selfie face. Though I do have 2 or 3 decent pictures clicked as selfies, but the credit for the same goes to my cousin who is very good at it.
4. Name a place in India and one abroad that you really would want to visit or re-visit.
I am 24. And I have a very minimal travelling experience except for my internships which were mainly concentrated to Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. Apart from these I have been to Dehradun (again for internship) and once I went on a south India trip with parents, but then I was very young. So one place I would want to visit in India is Leh Ladakh. It looks too pure and serene and not to forget clean in pictures. I want I want. And there are many more interesting places like these.
And one place I would want to visit outside India, Oh lord ! How do one choose? It is the entire world. Therefore, I will make a smart choice and be selective since I neither have money nor company 😛 There is one article I read which lists down 33 must visit places from around the world. If I get to visit even one amongst the 33, I think I will be very happy.
5. What is your daytime job when you are not moonlighting as a ‘city vigilante’, err, or a blogger?
I do not have a job per se right now. I am supposed to join a law firm in june. So, right now I am at home, sleeping, eating and doing nothing. Oh wait, I also dream of losing weight. 😀
6. What is the most amazing thing and the most annoying thing about yourself?
Let’s start with the amazing stuff. Oh, I just have to list one. I guess I am a very patient listener. In fact a very very patient listener. The most annoying thing about me is that maybe I don’t let go very easily. Be it a person, a thing or a moment. I can’t move on fast.
7. What is the most amazing thing and the most annoying thing about the opposite sex?
I personally believe that guys are better friends than girls. It might also be because I have always had guy friends as best friends. The most annoying thing is their inability to express what they feel and also the big fat male ego (I just can’t list one, it has to be more than one).
8. Everyone asks about love. I want to know how important do you think lust is in a relationship?
Very important. I don’t think I can be in love with a person if I don’t get to feel him near me. I can’t be in love with a person with whom I cannot be in a physical relationship. And if I ever say I am in love with such a person, he is either dead or not yet born 😛
9. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
Shoes. I can buy truckloads of shoes. Any kind. Shoes make my knees go weak. Currently, I have 18 pairs of shoes and now with the job joining soon, I will buy many many many more 😀
10. How much time do you take to get ready for work?
Since I haven’t joined yet, I don’t know. But, during internships I used to take half an hour. And FYI I don’t put make up. Half an hour includes wearing the decided clothes, combing hair, putting kajal, lip balm, wearing shoes, deo (yeah I am a student. I don’t use perfume yet), and putting everything needed in the handbag. I don’t think it is bad. Eh?
11. Last but not the least, where and how do you see yourself in ten years from now?
I will answer two questions here, what I would do and What I am supposed to do?
I will save money, buy a house for my parents, get married, work as a partner in some law firm and probably travel once or twice in a year to some exotic location.
As to what I would love to do, Save money, buy a house for parents, adopt a girl child, get into the travelling business and never get married 😀
Nominating fellow bloggers for the award:
My questions for the fellow bloggers:
1. What made you start blogging? How is blogging different than keeping a diary for you or is it the same?
2. Do you have a pet? If yes, which one? And if not, why?
3. Which city do you think is the best to settle down in India? And why?
4. What is the one thing that you ordered in a restaurant and it turned out to be totally yuck and expensive?
5. If you see your enemy (or simply somebody you dislike) in a helpless situation, will you go forward and help them? Or leave them and enjoy mercilessly?
6. Have you ever been caught by your parents doing something totally inappropriate for your age?
7. What is that one thing that you criticize publicly, but do the same in private?
8. Do you like water sports? Which one?
9. Have you ever thought (or actually did ) of harming somebody very badly in order to get back at them? How?
10. Do you fart and behave like the other person is guilty of the crime?
11. Have you ever been caught by the police ( or worst locked up)? For what reason?
Sounds more like a grilling questionnaire to me, but this is the maximum that I can get creative. I will definitely let the bloggers know about the nomination. Yayayay !! 😀 😀